Cristina Vatielli was born in Rome. After graduating at the Scuola Romana di Fotografia she began working in the photography field as an assistant mainly specialized in photo postproduction. Since 2004 Cristina has been collaborating with the Magnum photos photographer Paolo Pellegrin and many others photographers. In 2006 she worked in the Magnum Photos digital department and from 2006 to 2012 her work was represented by Prospekt agency. She collaborated with Paolo Pellegrin for the Fred Perry advertising campaign and she has also worked as a photo reporter for many famous brands such as as Nike, Cocacola, Abbot, Havaianas and Proctel&Gamble. In 2007 Cristina won the Winephoto International Photographic Contest and she took part to “Reflexions” International Masterclass curated by Giorgia Fiorio and Gabriel Bauret. In 2008 she took part in the realization of a book and exhibition edited and curated by PelitiAssociati for the Fater company. Some of her self portraits with Arno Rafael Minkkinen are part of the book “Il corpo solitario. L’autoscatto nella fotografia contemporanea” edited by RubettinoEditore.
Her photography is divided between reportage of a historical and social character and personal research projects. Since 2006 she works as a photographer in various fields, portraiture, documentary, advertising and architecture.
Galleria del Cembalo, NONE collective, Behind The Frame, So What Srl, Fabric Factory, Paolo Pellegrin, Magnum Photos, PelitiAssociati, Annalisa D’Angelo, The Trip magazine, NOEO, Walls Contemporary Public Art, LeCool, Marta Sarlo, Prospekt, Studio di Architettura Calaci&Berger, Sec Srl, Eu-Osha, Endogroup International, Parlamento Europeo, INAIL, Acea, Nike, Havaianas, Cocacola.
Skyarte, Internazionale, Artribune, Dodho Magazine, Time, Klassik Magazine, Le Monde, Times, Liberazione, Diario, Io Donna, D della Repubblica, L’Espresso, Gioia, Fotocult, Marie Claire Italy, Newsweek Giappone, Newsweek America, Newsweek Russia, Afisha, Paris Match,
FINE ART PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD 2017 :
- Honorable Mention “Fine Art” Le Donne di Picasso
- Honorable Mention “Fine Art” Jacqueline Roque
- Honorable Mention “Portrait” Le Donne di Picasso
SONY WORLD PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD 2016 :
- 2nd place “Staged” Picasso’s Women
TIFA ( Tokyo International Foto Awards) 2016 :
- Silver “People – Self Portrait” Le Donne di Picasso
PX3 (Prix de la Photographie Paris) 2016 :
- 1st Prize “Portraiture Self-Portrait” Le Donne di Picasso
- Honorable Mention “Portraiture Self-Portrait” Le Donne di Picasso
- Honorable Mention “Red/Other” Gaby Depeyre
MIFA (Moscow Foto International Awards) 2015 :
- 2nd place “Fine Art – Portait” Picasso’s Women
- Honorable Mention “Fine Art – Portrait” Picasso’s Women
- 2nd place “Moving Images – Essay” LunaPark
- 2nd place “Moving Images – Other” LunaPark
- Honorable Mention “Moving Images – Essay” LunaPark
ONE EYELAND PHOTOGRAPHY AWARDS 2015 :
- Gold Photographer of the Year ”People” Picasso’s Women
- Gold Photographer of the Year ”People – Self Portrait” Picasso’s Women
- Silver “Fine Art – Portrait” Picasso’s Women
IPA (International Photography Awards) 2015 :
- Honorable Mention “Fine Art – Portait” Picasso’s Women
- Honorable Mention “People – Self Portrait” Picasso’s Women
- Honorable Mention “Fine Art – Portait” Gaby Depeyre
IPA (International Photography Awards) 2012:
- Honorable Mention “Moving Images” LunaPark
PX3 (Prix de la Photographie Paris) 2008 :
- Honorable Mention “Professional” Exilio de Dentro
2016 “Sony Awards Exhibition” curated by Dennis Curti, Spazio Tadini, Milano.
2016 “Le Donne di Picasso” curated by Annalisa D’Angelo. Galleria del Cembalo, Palazzo Borghese, Roma.
2016 “Sony Awards Exhibition” at the Somerset House, London.
2016 “In Posa” curated by Mario Peliti. Palazzo Isolani, ArteFiera, Bologna.
2014 “Punti di Vista” curated by Marta Piazza. Spazio Cerere, Roma.
2014 “DonnexDonne” curated by Manuela De Leonardis and Camera 21 for QVC. Galleria del Cembalo, Roma
2014 “Rulet” shown in 24 cities in 5 countries; curated by Sergey Karpov.
2009 “Exilio de dentro” curated by Annalisa D’Angelo. Le Confluences, Paris
2008 “Quotidianamente fotografi” curated by Maria Evangelisti at the “S.T. Gallery” during VII International Photographic Festival in Rome.
2008 “Fater 50 anni in mostra” curated by Mario Peliti and Giovanna Calvenzi. Modern Art Museum Vittorio Colonna, Pescara.
2008 “Guerra e Pace”. Genti di Abruzzo Museum, Pescara.
2007 “Reflexions Exhibition” Museum of Photography. Thessaloniki, Grecia
e-mail : email@example.com
instagram : @cristinavatielli
facebook : cristina vatielli